Property Accessibility Statement
Clementine’s Guest House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places under the National Historic Preservation Act (16 U.S.C. 470 et seq.) or is designated as historic under State or local law (§ 36.405 Alterations: Historic preservation.). Clementine’s Guest House is an 1888 restored Victorian home with limitations for ADA accessibility. Thus, we are not able to offer handicap accessible accommodations since such alterations would destroy the historical significance of the property.
However, we are committed to doing whatever we reasonably can to make our property accessible. Therefore, we have added the following accessible features:
- Clementine’s Guest House provides two wheelchair accessible rooms, Primrose Suite I and the Azalea Room. We have all of our handicap accessible features listed on the ADA Property Features section of our Policies page.
- Parking – Parking is level street parking in front of the inn or street parking on cross street which in on a hill. One handicap parking space is available on street level across the street from the inn.
- Exterior Routes – The main entrance to the inn has several steps to the main floor. However, we have a back entrance through the kitchen. A flat walkway from the street to the bed and breakfast is about 20 yards. This is lighted at night as well. Two rooms are available on the main floor without any stair access, the doors are 30” wide; the bathrooms have tub/shower combination and assist bars above the tubs. These rooms have limited ADA accessibility.
- Upper level rooms are accessible only by a stairway.
- The Moose Lodge Suites and the Riverview Loft Suite vacation rentals are located in an 1850’s renovated structure accessible from the 8th street curb which is on a hill; maneuvering that could be problematic. The main door to the Lodge and individual suites are 36”. Suite I has a step-in shower and assist bars. The kitchen in the common area is normal 34” height.
Website Accessibility Statement
Clementine’s Guest House is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.
Contact us at the links below.