Staying at Our Inn in Astoria, Oregon
You don’t have to settle for impersonal chain hotels when you visit Astoria. Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast provides lovely, charming, and comfortable lodging options that are family friendly, pet friendly, and ADA accessible, so that all of our guests can enjoy top-notch accommodations for unforgettable vacations and weekend getaways on Oregon’s North Coast.
The rooms which are suited for accessibility include the following:
Primrose Suite I: Access from parked car on 8th street is on 20%+ graded hill; then the walkway is somewhat rough to the deck and main door to common area. A wheelchair could access with a second person helping. The main door into the common space is wide enough for wheelchair; however, the bedroom door is 36” wide. The Primrose Suite I has a step-in shower (4”) with handicap shower bar. Kitchen is not ADA accessible.
Other Rooms: The Azalea Room has a 27”-wide door frame and is equipped with handicap bar in tub/shower combo and near toilet. The room is in the main house and is accessible when parked on 8th street, which has a 20% grade. The guests must walk on long paved path one-house length to main house where the Azalea Room is.
- Rates are for double occupancy — two people and include a complimentary continental-style breakfast served usually between 8:00 & 10:00 a.m. Our rates are subject to change without notice. Your booking rate is stable after you have secured it with a credit card. Room taxes are added to the published rate, 11% city, 1% county & 1.8% state added to the total amount of the room price.
- Minimum stay is two nights on weekends over a Saturday night and during the summer from June 1 to end of September. Two-night stays are required over weekends until the previous Wednesday. Sometimes openings of 1 night — called ‘orphan nights’ become available between reservations especially in summer — and we, of course, will accept a single-night reservation. Starting October 1st until the end of May, there are no minimum night stay requirements Sunday through Thursday, except weekends and holidays.
- Our check-in time is from 4-6 p.m. If you expect to arrive after that time, it is important to let us know. A self check-in can be arranged. Please call to make this arrangement.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- No smoking anywhere indoors but is permitted outside away from windows and doorways. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for violations.
- We welcome families with children under 10 years of age and we allow pets in specific rooms: the Primrose Suite I & II and Hydrangea Suite. Please check our pet policy and extra person charge for children.
- We do not require a deposit; however, we need a valid credit card to confirm your reservation even if you have a gift certificate.
- Cancellations require ten days’ notice prior to arrival, or we will charge one-night stay including taxes. Early departures will be charged for the entire reserved time period. Please note there is a fee of $30 for cancellation of a reservation.
- We accept the following gift certificates: issued from Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast.
- We will honor weather cancellations if issued by state and local authorities.
- No flame candles are allowed in guest rooms.
- Forgotten articles will only be returned by mail upon request. A minimum $20 will be charged for postage and handling.
Effective date: January 29, 2019
Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.clementines-bb.com website and the https://clementines-bb.com mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service – Service means the http://www.clementines-bb.com website and the https://clementines-bb.com mobile application operated by Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) – Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Clementine’s Bed & Breakfast LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.